Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tired And Weak As We Are...An Urgent Need For a Family

Heeding Jesus' call to care for the orphan and the widow is not easy. And to be honest, it often hurts. It hurts knowing there are people all around the globe, dearly loved by God, who do without while we have more than we could ever need. Some days I feel so emotionally drained that tears fall without any particular reason. I'm sure you all can understand. In fact, I know that many of you have had your hearts completely broken by stories of children languishing in cribs, starving, and without love.

So why should we continue to subject ourselves to such heartache? Wouldn't it be easier to turn a blind eye? Wouldn't it be easier to go back to the way we were before we knew?

Believe me, there are times I when I don't know how to continue.  Samantha already occupies the majority of my thoughts, and I often feel like I don't have the emotional capacity to carry the burden of the many suffering children my eyes have been opened to. So, if you feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of children who need families, who are starving, who have been abused and neglected...I completely understand. I'm overwhelmed too.

BUT.

I want to encourage you today that your tender hearts and your compassion truly are making a difference. Your prayers. Your sacrificial giving. The way you've spread the plight of the orphan near and far...you are changing the world. Really and truly you are! And this could not be so if it were not for your broken heart.

So please don't give up! Please keep giving. Keep praying. Keep advocating.

Your work for the Lord may very well save a life. It may save this little girl's life.

Please please please spread the word about 16-year-old Harmony. Her time is quickly running out. If she is not adopted IMMEDIATELY, she will be transferred and will spend the rest of her days in a mental institution. No human child deserves a life sentence in an asylum- without human touch or proper nutrition, without education or any kind of stimulation at all, without love and without family.

God can rescue Harmony from the impossible depth of this despair. Of course He can, because He can do anything!! And He may choose to use us, tired and weak as we are...if we will only heed his call. So, let's press on. Let's get the word out. Let's unite under the name of Jesus and pray her home. Nothing is impossible with God.

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment