Some of Samantha's most faithful prayer warriors and biggest fans are kids.
All throughout this journey, I've been amazed and impressed with this youngest generation in God's church. They have loved me and Samantha with a love that is pure and genuine. And they LOVE the Lord. I hope these stories from a few precious, young Christ-followers will be as much of an encouragement to you has they have been for me:
- I've heard from several Christian school teachers that their classes pray for Samantha every day and that they ask regularly how she is doing. There are children praying in California, Indiana, Colorado, and Kentucky, to name a few!
- An 11-year-old from my youth group puts her arms around me during worship as our pastor prays for me and Samantha.
- Several students (in high school and in college), touched by what God is doing through Samantha, have written reports and given speeches in their public schools on Down Syndrome, Reece's Rainbow, and Samantha's adoption. One student proudly shared Samantha's picture with her classmates and reported back to me that everyone thought she was beautiful and could understand why I chose her.
- A 2nd grade class in California, after hearing about the children in Samantha's orphanage, is raising funds so that these children may be seen by doctors from the Tokuda hospital in Bulgaria.
|11-year-old Ajok is pictured here with a silly grin and her hands in the air. To her right are Christina and Alut, who both did reports on Samantha/Down Syndrome/Adoption at their high school.|
- A friend of mine and her three little girls printed out pictures of Samantha that are now hung all around their home, reminding them to pray for Sam all throughout each day.
- My 8-year-old neice prays every night, "Please help Samantha to gain a whole lot of weight and be put in a room with other people and please let Grace get the signature she needs to travel."
|My beautiful niece, Madeleine.|
- Two sweet little four-year-old friends from church pray regularly for Samantha, and talk about how they are going to be friends when she get here. I LOVE picturing Samantha with her new buddies!
- The kids in my apartment complex regularly ask if Samantha is here yet. My two-year-old next-door neighbor affectionately calls Samantha "Baby" at the sight of her picture.
|My 2-year-old neighbor, Abbi, with Samatha's future pal, Trevor, and his mommy, Ashlee|
- In a hand-written letter from a sweet 11-year-old friend: "Grace, I love you! ...I have been praying for you and Samantha every time I think of you and I think of you all the time. I pray the government will let you take Samantha home soon so she can be with her mommy forever and get out of that room where she sees no one all day long. I pray she will be fed right and gain weight soon and that is only possible if she is with you. You will give her the love and comfort that you have given to me ever since we met you! I pray Samantha will be able to see your face in person and feel your love you have for her... I pray over all that Samantha will soon be in your arms forever. I love you, Grace! P.S. I love the bracelets you mailed to us to give to the people at church. I gave some to my friends so they are praying for you and Samantha too. When more than one are praying, the power of God is greater.
- 4 young sisters gave money from their own piggy banks for Samantha's care fund. (I know this family would really appreciate your prayers as they are awaiting the adoption of a sister by from India.)
Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 1 Timothy 4:12