Thursday, December 15, 2011

Faint Not

Currently listening to this song by Jenny and Tyler. Great lyrics. Lots of heart. I heard part of a Saint Francis quote in the bridge, so I looked it up and included it here for you all to read as well. Both great reminders for me today. "O my soul, faint not. Keep up in love."


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy. 

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life. Amen.
-Saint Francis of Assisi

1 comment:

  1. Grace, this Prayer of St. Francis was part of my wedding ceremony 40 years ago! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete