Saturday, December 17, 2011

He Hears Us

I was invited several weeks ago to join a private yahoo group for moms adopting from Samantha's orphanage. I had no idea at the time what a blessing this group would prove to be. Not only has it been a way to stay up to date on what is happening at the orphanage and with other adopting families, but tonight, it seems to have become SO much more. Tonight, another mother who will be traveling to Samantha's country very soon to visit her daughter for the first time, offered to look for Samantha and see first-hand how she is doing!!! AND, if the Lord opens doors for her, she will also do some investigative work and ask questions about Samantha's file! This is a PRECISE answer to a prayer I have been praying and asking others to pray. Thank you, JESUS!!!!

In other news, the Lord has been showering me with blessing upon blessing. Samantha's grant fund is up by more than $1,000. And as I previously blogged, my dear friends from Ord were here today. Oh. My. Goodness. They bless me. Again and again and again, the Lord uses these friends to show me His downright extravagant love. Richard and Tenise, as well as my friends Sara and Jim (also from Ord) have very nearly funded this entire project. I seriously need to pinch myself to see if all of this is really happening. Who could love me and Samantha THAT much? I don't understand it, but I'm so thankful. I also owe many thanks to the Lutheran Chapel for all of the work they put in knocking down walls and cutting out the window and door so beautifully. And Daniel, who has been pitching in throughout the last couple of weeks. He and Mikey and I had a great time this morning preparing the cupboards to come down. I owe a HUGE thank you to Todd who has already put hours and hours (and days and days) into this project. Thank you so much Todd, and thank you Deb for letting me borrow your husband! There is no way this work would get done without you.
And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Ephesians 3:18-19
Here's Todd and Daniel removing the existing cupboards from the kitchen.
These puppies have seen better days.
Rust. Dents. Layers of paint.
And behind and underneath it all? LOTS of mouse droppings, mold and mildew, a combination plastic/plaster/? wall and floor. I am so glad we decided to do replace the cupboards. I was originally planning on a  much simpler project, but I'm very glad to see this mess gone!
And now, where that mess used to be...is a brand new wall!!!! And beautiful new cabinets :) Isn't it coming along nicely? And I even got to help! Richard taught me how to use a drill today, so I got to screw in some drywall. I LOVED it. Who knew drywall could be so fun :) (Granted, I got to do all the easy work...)
The closet is coming along nicely! I have a new wall up in my bedroom. And best of all, a lot of my tree mural will still be visible inside the closet. It actually looks pretty cool. 
And here's the new window into the kitchen. How cool is this?!  It really opens up the whole house. This is going to make such a huge difference when Samantha is home, eating at the table or playing in the living room.
I also have a prayer request for you all. There is a woman, Toni, in Samantha's country who is hugely important in the process of rescuing children from Samantha's orphanage. She is a lawyer and a missionary who works with adoptive families. Satan has really been attacking Toni's health throughout this whole process and she is not doing very well right now. Please pray that Satan would have NO POWER over her, her body, or her family. Pray for healing, and that she would be able to continue in the strong work God has been doing through her.

Thank you all so much for all you are doing for Samantha. I cannot even count the ways we have been blessed by you.

Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment