Monday, August 22, 2011

Please Pray!

Several days ago I had an overwhelming feeling that I just wanted to know who this child is that I've been praying for. I had already inquired about a few little girls, but decided I had been going about this the wrong way, so I sent an email to Reece's Rainbow asking, "Can you make recommendations to me of children I should consider?"

God knew what He was doing, allowing me to send an email at that particular time on that particular day because I immediately received a reply that God used to COMPLETELY break what was left of my stubborn heart. I received a small amount of information and 2 photos from an orphanage in Eastern Europe where children are severely malnourished, neglected, and in need of families. I was also directed to the blog of an adoptive mother who was at that very orphanage on that exact day, visiting her daughter for the first time. I spent the next few days pouring over every word this woman has written, looking at her pictures over and over and over again, and staying up way past my bed time trying to let the reality of it all set in. My faith was completely shaken, but in a way that has only increased my trust in the Lord and my awareness of our need for Him.

I received news tonight that there is some major spiritual warfare going on concerning this orphanage, which could stop these fragile, vulnerable children from being adopted. These kids may very well die if God does not step in. They'll die without ever knowing the love of a family. I'm choosing to believe that God wants their freedom even more than we do, and that He will stop at nothing. And so we pray.

I don't know yet if God has revealed this to me because this is where my kiddo is, or because He wants me to raise awareness, but at this point it doesn't really matter. "Now that I have seen, I am responsible." Please take a moment to read this post from "The Blessing of Verity" about some specific details that need to be lifted up in prayer, and then join me in praying without ceasing for these kids to be safely delivered from the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment