Sunday, August 21, 2011

Preface

The call is clear. Just as clear as it was when I was a kid.

I've waited until now, always having thought that kids were something you figure out inside the context of marriage. But God has shown me, and continues to show me that this is the time. In fact, He's given me 147 million perfectly good reasons not to wait.

147 million orphans in the world.

147 million children falling asleep tonight without the love of a mom or a dad.

147 MILLION!

There is an insecurity that rises up inside of me as I put this journey here on the internet for ALL the world to see. I hate to admit this, but I wonder what people will say. I wonder if they will see me as "fit" for this high calling. I wonder if some may think I'm crazy. Maybe people will talk about me behind my back. Maybe they'll question whether I'm capable of taking care of a special needs child on my own.

Maybe. Either way I'll continue to remind myself of what I know is true: No, I am not capable. And yes, I am crazy (really, though)! But GOD can do anything, and if He wants to, He can even do something great through me.

There is a little girl (or boy?) out there somewhere who I believe is my child. A child with Down Syndrome, who has been cast away by society, and who, this very night, lies in a crib, hungry, and without love. I don't have any specific information that I can share with you yet, but I hope to soon. What I do know is that many of the children waiting to be matched with families are living on borrowed time. So will you please join me in praying that God will lead me swiftly through this process and to this beloved child? More specifically, will you please start praying that God will bring me through my home study without delay? And finally, pray that God will continue to lead more and more Christians to the ministry of Reece's Rainbow so we can bring more and more orphans home!

More to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment