Thursday, January 12, 2012

God Can Do Whatever He Wants

God can do whatever He wants.


Our human limitations are not a reflection of His ability. Only a greater indication of our need for Him.


I need to learn to pray accordingly.


And I would also ask you to pray.


There have arisen many delays in the adoptions of children with special needs from Samantha's orphanage. The delay in Sam's adoption specifically, concerning her file, has reached emergency status. There are details that I unfortunately cannot share at this time, but the Spirit knows all about them and will intercede, if you will only pray. Pray that God will make a way for all of these children to get home. And especially pray for Samantha, that God would show Himself faithful on her behalf, and that His Holy Spirit would give me a heart that wants His will, and His will alone.


I am also told that there are people who will be fasting and praying about a meeting that is to take place next Wednesday morning in Samantha's country (I believe this will be a meeting of government officials). I do not know details, but I know that "this meeting could affect many children in need of families."


Finally, please pray that the medical needs of waiting children be met without delay! Susanna, from theblessingofverity.com blog, posted that there are exciting steps being taken in the right direction. She says to "Please pray for continued strong motivation on the parts of those who have offered to help, until the children are receiving the medical intervention they need!"


In this time of need God has been teaching me, through various means, about prayer. One such lesson happened yesterday through a devotion a friend shared with me from Sarah Young's book, Jesus Calling. It said:
When you bring Me prayer requests, lay out your concerns before Me. Speak to Me candidly; pour out your heart. Then thank Me for the answers that I have set into motion long before you can discern the results. When your requests come to mind again, continue to thank Me for the answers that are on the way. If you keep on stating your concerns to Me, you will live in a state of tension. When you thank Me for how I am answering your prayers, your mind-set becomes much more positive. Thankful prayers keep your focus on My Presence and My promises.
I heard something similar in a sermon I was watching online the other day, and can't help but think that was no coincidence. God doesn't need me to come to Him begging, as if I am asking a favor from someone who doesn't really know me or like me. I should pray to him expectantly, with a thankful heart, because He faithfully answers and comes to my aid. I should praise Him that He has heard me, and has already deployed armies of angels to fight for Samantha. And I should keep praying, not because He didn't hear me the first time, but because I need to align my heart with His.


Thank you for being in this with me.


Love to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment