Friday, January 13, 2012

Until We Know With Certainty...Please Pray

Ok folks.

While I still cannot post details about what is going on in Sam's country (and I continue to know so very little, anyway) I want to urge you all to keep praying. Please, please pray without ceasing!

From where I sit, as a mere sinful human being, there are major obstacles standing in the way of Samantha's adoption.  This has been a week full of tears and questions with no answers. It has also been a week of stretching, growing, and leaning in close to hear God's voice.

Despite being emotionally drained and completely jumpy at the sound of my phone's e-mail alert as I wait for news, I have been so very aware of God's presence these last several days. I've also become readily aware of my own lack of faith in this very present God. I believe with all of my heart that He can do whatever He wants. But I have not believed in the work He is doing at present.

Today, if you want to pray for me specifically, please pray that I would believe and not doubt that God is at work answering my prayers for Samantha. Pray that the Spirit would give me peace in knowing that just because I don't know the answer yet, doesn't mean that He doesn't have one. And pray that I will take comfort in knowing that He will let me in on all He's been doing at just the right time.

For Samantha, please pray with all trust and boldness that her file will arrive THIS WEEK. Please ask anyone and everyone you know to pray along with us. I cannot express to you how important this is. Someday, when I can disclose all of the details of her miraculous adoption story, we will stand in amazement of our great God who can do anything. Who stopped at nothing to rescue one precious, chosen child. But for now...please pray.

Susanna mentioned on her last post that there were people fasting and praying over the special needs children in Sam's country, and for the meeting that will happen on Wednesday morning. I've been thinking a lot about the power of prayer, and what a beautiful picture it is that people are on their knees all around this country (an beyond!) for these children, and particularly for my daughter. There will be a group of people fasting and praying in Lincoln from Saturday until the meeting in Eastern Europe on Wednesday morning. If you would like to participate, for even part of the time, please take a look at this excerpt from the "The Celebration of Discipline" on the discipline of fasting.

Thank you, Body of Christ. I would be lost without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment